15 November 2006

My Other World, My Other Life


I had this WICKED dream this morning which I must relay. I only remember being in this gorgeous kind of Victorian townhouse, which was very old and no one lived in it. I was with some people to investigate some paranormal activity we had heard was going on there. In fact, I think we were seeking out the ghost of the former female occupant. So as we were going through these awesome rooms (they were painted like a dark sea-foam green with black lace curtains on the windows and some black trim on doorways) trying to locate any evidence of a spirit. I remember being freaked out when we first started out, but as we got through most of the house, I realised there was no ghost. So what did I do? I decided to give the rest of the team a good scare and started moving the sliding doors with my MIND, opening and closing them. I was shaking the chandeliers and flapping the shutters. All with the sheer power of my psychokinetic ability. It was so dope!! I scared the crap out of the team. Now I must wonder, what the hell does that dream mean? I know one thing for sure: I'm more pranksterish than I thought!!
Now, this also brings me to my other dreams I have (I tend to remember about 85% of my dreams). As I have gotten older, I have been able to do all sorts of amazing things in my dreams, all getting increasingly stronger as time goes on. For instance, since I was a kid, I have never been able to be hurt in my dreams. I have always flown, but now I can fly on command, just lifting up into the sky without having to take a running start as I used to years ago. I can fly away from any situation I don't like. I have this lucidity in dreams that is incredible, even to myself. One time I was being chased by a foe and I was tired of running away so I got just far enough ahead of him to be able to turn around and say, "I am invisible. You cannot see me!!" and I waved my hand in the air. Lo, he came near me and stopped, looked perplexed and wondered where I went. And now, my newest thing is be able to move objects with my mind. It's like being all powerful to be able to change a dream the way you want to change it!! However, sometimes I still have nightmares that I can't get out of. For instance, I had a nightmare the other day about being in a bank I think it was, and a crazed gunman with a machine gun starts firing on innocent people, screaming about whatever it was that was bothering him. But the strange thing was, he really wanted to get to the people that were behind the bulletproof glass and after firing and firing on the glass to no avail, he would then turn the gun on innocent people and shoot and kill them. I was standing very near him in the dream and he actually fired the gun at me, but I fell to the ground and pretended to play dead so he would not shoot at me anymore. After a few more rounds (of which the bullets pierced and bounced off the floor around my head), he turned away from me and fired on more innocent people. It was very bizarre and scary and I was disappointed I could not change the dream. But I didn't get hurt at all, and I wanted to help the other people but didn't know how. I woke up freaked out. Somehow I have to learn to change every nightmare into something better. Perhaps then, when I'm in a real life situation, I'll have the mental skills and fortitude to make it better.
I think I'm going to post more interesting dreams I have. Looking at them written down, they read like science fiction!! Maybe I can dream up a few good short stories...

No comments: