28 November 2006

Back From Outer Space

Oh so here I am, back from engorging myself this weekend, stuffed with turkey and disdain. Police Commissioner Kelly should be fired. He's a nazi, plain and simple. The three police officers that shot and killed the young man who was at his bachelor party and ran into their police cruiser should be tried for murder. I can't even believe they are on paid leave. Every drug company lobbyist shousld be strung up by their balls, fired from their jobs, lose their pensions, stripped of all assets, then try to get some medicine through Medicaid/Medicare. Perhaps then they may see the folly of their ways. Our troops need to make a stop over in Russia and find the fuckers who poisoned the formenr spy Alexander Litvenenko (who just died) and also who murdered the outspoken reporter Anna Politkovskaya this year. Those two are victims of terrorism too.

I found it hard to be thankful for much this year, the problems of the world weighing heavy on my mind. I can't turn a blind eye to these things, thankful for such shallow effects as electronics or clothes or a shopping spree. I wish the people of this rich country would put as much effort into helping others as they do coveting usless material items. How sad the sheep run into the store to buy a stupid PS3, while children in our OWN country ar being abused to death. Look how they smile for the camera in packed malls when people are dying of AIDS in Africa at an alarming rate. They stare at themselves in mirrors while the earth heats up, warmer and warmer...

The saddest thing I find is that people, especially children, are TAUGHT not to care about others. It is blatantly apparent in movies, television shows and commercials. "Get your own" is the most popular buzz phrase in advertising right now. I don't find it comical that kids even keep the rabbit from getting some Trix. That's what they see in the middle of their cartoons - keep someone else out of your group, out of your realm. Have someting that someone else covets.

Movies and magazines are always about rich folks that have all these nice shiny belongings and we are supposed to drool all over their possessions and dream about how we will get them. I find it all to be a distraction. A conspiracy to distract us from what's really going on - the fact that we are kept in the dark about pretty much everything but we are too mired in materialism and self-loathing to notice. Ironically, people don't like to be told what to do, but they are told on a constant basis how to live their lives by faceless organizations whose very purpose, whose very existence is to keep the wool pulled over our eyes. The conspiracy is real.

Words from your loveable conspiracy theorist. Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

The Jaded NYer said...

precisely why I hate reading the paper...they don't say ignorance is bliss for nothing!

but alas, for my kids' sake (and because it says so in my employee handbook) I do read the paper and what I read breaks my heart and keeps me up at night...oh who am I kidding...those faceless bastards got to me a long time ago! I'm so jaded I don't even take myself seriously anymore :P