29 January 2007

What Have I Done To Deserve This?


I went snowboarding up in Killington, VT this weekend - I highly recommend it, awesome slopes. They had a shitty bar though, but I digress. However, it was a five or more hour drive from Brooklyn so being on the road for that long, my boyfriend and I started to get a little hungry. So we decided we were going to stop somewhere that was good. Then mile after mile we began to realise that there IS NOTHING GOOD TO EAT on the highway. Only McDonald's (if you really, really, really want to get fat), Burger King (for fat and gas, and I'm not talking petrol), Roy Rogers (for the runs and trauma toward eating for days afterward), Denny's (if you have absolutely no qualms about throwing up right after eating), Bob's Big Boy (I have no idea what the hell that is), Pizza Hut (heart stoppage) and a few other eateries in which they might as well hand you a salt lick. It was unreal. It's like you're driving for hours, your back hurts, you're tired and when you get hungry, all you want to do is eat, but eating at any of these places when all you need is a hot meal is likely to make you violently angry. And still hungry. My advice - pack food before going on a long car trip.

No comments: