12 January 2007

Life Is Good...................................Sometimes


I have no complaints today. I don't know why. I have been doing very little work at work and have been cracking jokes with my co-workers all week. Good thing the management team has been in this meeting all week so they haven't heard my laughs resonate through the office. However, my desk is right in FRONT of the conference room. So they can see me throw my head back and open my mouth. May be it has something to do with my theory that if the boss is away, you feel more comfortable at work. I got a lot done early in the week, but have since just meandered and killed time until today, Friday before the three day weekend. And people are having drinks after work today. Which is awesome - I get to better know my co-workers so I can actually WALK around the office and BS with people next week!! Is there some kind of office etiquette that frowns upon that? Is it wrong to joke around with co-workers and get them to laugh during the workday? Do they do that in Europe? Actually I don't picture the Danes laughing and joking in the office, yet I have an ex that told me they'd go to lunch and get WASTED and then get back to the office to turn off their computers and go home. I think I need to move to Denmark. I know Brits do that too, except they stay in the office. I have no idea if the French kid around, but I suspect some Italians do and the Spaniards probably do too. Germans? Hell no. But they are very nice people as tourists!! That's probably when they feel they can cut loose. I heard on the news this morning a story about people's attire at work, as expressed by management. They said that people who want to move up should dress for the position that they want, not the one they're in. Oh-kay. I don't know what it means in my office because I work with tech geeks (I'm not saying geek to be mean at all) and we all wear jeans and stuff. The two owners of the company wear slacks and button down shirts. Even management is very office casual. A suit around here is like an eyesore. Perhaps that's why I feel I can joke around. When I worked in offices where you had to wear a suit, I didn't feel like I even HAD a personality. I was a drone, in a suit, just like everyone else. I would kill myself if I had to work all the time in a place like that. Oh, and this weekend is going to be awesome because I got a prescription for pain killers (unfortunately I am deep in the middle of major dental work). Happy days...

1 comment:

Barbara said...

No escionelandi sac hora... Altrando ker ata, nose, lividinsem? Kakove, alhammia, hora gi xada ja umai felmedisseri, wen... Di ilugaradoveo beal.