18 December 2006

Ode to Our Best Friend


My boyfriends sister's dog just died and she's totally broken up about it. I feel bad for her. I have a little Maltese myself and I love my little dog - I call her Puppy - and I didn't realise the impact she has had on my life until little Winston died. Now I am thinking that if she were to leave me now, I'd probably crack too!! She's always there waiting for me when I open the door when I get home and lord knows I LOVE laying on the couch watching movies because she always perches herself next to me and curls up and sleeps there and we are all lovey and sweet with each other. I love when she gets excited and she jumps up on her hind legs and dances for me, as if she were trained in the circus. And she licks my face all the time (I love that). She has this beautiful white hair-fur that gets tangled in knots ALL THE TIME. She has the most beautiful brown eyes that seem to say anything she needs me to know without speaking any words. And when we go out, she hangs on me like she were my shadow. Normally I think it's kind of bizarre (especially since she is the first dog I've ever had - I'm a cat girl, and have one with Puppy) but now I am used to it and love her for loving me. It's really true what they say - a dog loves you like no person loves you. Theya re loyal to the very end and they are so giving of themselves, so happy to be around you, so cheerful and sweet. I am so happy with my little Pup that she might as well be my own child. Yes, this is an ode to the dog, the sweetest little gift that God and Mother Nature could have given us.

1 comment:

The Jaded NYer said...

Awww...this made me miss my dog. He looked like your doogie in the pic, except he had dirty blonde fir, like it was bleached by a California sun or something. He was a cutie!!